PracticeConsultingThe need to represent all.

The need to represent all.

I refer to the letter from Murdoch Mann (Hard day’s night for the ICAEW, 26 July). As president of the ICAEW I recognise and support the need for our institute to represent all our members in practices and businesses.

In the past year we have initiated a major programme of member communications including events for small practitioners such as two highly successful consultation days, our new website, new district society newsletters, webcasting, two-way communication through the focuses and of course the considerable number of visits I and others make around the country to meet members.

Of course the number of our passed finalists who join the institute is important. Our latest figures, for a four-year period, show that 98.5% of those who qualify go on to become full members of the institute. But there is no room for complacency, and I am determined to do all I can to persuade the remaining 1.5% that they too should join us!

Related Articles

5 tips for SMEs to protect cash flow

Accounting Software 5 tips for SMEs to protect cash flow

5m Alia Shoaib, Reporter
Tyrie on Finance Bill 2017: ‘Making Tax Policy Better’

Consulting Tyrie on Finance Bill 2017: ‘Making Tax Policy Better’

11m Stephanie Wix, Writer
Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Richard Toone, CVR Global

Accounting Firms Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Richard Toone, CVR Global

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Deloitte 'self-imposes exile' on government contracts to defuse PM row

Accounting Firms Deloitte 'self-imposes exile' on government contracts to defuse PM row

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Julie Adams, Menzies

Accounting Firms Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Julie Adams, Menzies

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Friday Afternoon Live: Deloitte's tech thing; PAC wants HMRC 'contingencies'; and Sports Direct

Business Regulation Friday Afternoon Live: Deloitte's tech thing; PAC wants HMRC 'contingencies'; and Sports Direct

1y Kevin Reed, Writer
Friday Afternoon Live: HMRC complaints rise; Deloitte scoops big audits; and corporate reporting woes

Audit Friday Afternoon Live: HMRC complaints rise; Deloitte scoops big audits; and corporate reporting woes

1y Kevin Reed, Writer
New head of equity capital markets for KPMG

Accounting Firms New head of equity capital markets for KPMG

1y Stephanie Wix, Writer