Financial Controller (Legal)
Financial Controller (Legal)
Our client, a highly successful and long-established international law firm that is dedicated to client care, legal excellence, and investment in its people. The firm has multiple offices internationally, as well as in London.
The firm has seen rapid expansion in size and geography. The firm is today recognised for its specialist focus in three core sectors, in which it provides a full suite of services including finance, corporate, dispute resolution, tax, employment and regulatory.
Providing prompt and efficient accounting support to the firm with a particular focus on liaison with auditors and tax advisors and preparation of statutory and management accounts. Also assisting with the many commercial aspects of the Global Finance Team's work.
- Drafting the UK GAAP financial statements for the Global group and UK subsidiaries and liaising with auditors.
- Drafting Middle East IFRS financial statements.
- Supporting the production of overseas accounts and tax returns in liaison with external professionals and overseas accounting staff.
- Preparing Office of National Statistics and Legal Publication surveys.
- Reviewing and approving client and office payments in partnership with cashier colleagues.
- Administering user logins onto online bank portals.
- Cash management (holiday cover only).
- Reviewing and continuously improving systems of financial control in partnership with cashiers and IT colleagues.
- Preparing bank covenant schedule and letter.
Corporate and Indirect Tax:
- Preparing trial balance and supporting schedules for foreign office corporate tax returns.
- Drafting the UK group VAT return.
- Preparing the balance sheet and supporting notes for monthly management accounts.
- Maintaining and reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations, in partnership with overseas staff.
- Maintaining and reconciling inter-office accounts and managing the global office recharge billing process
- Preparing schedules for consultant remuneration.
- Assisting the Finance Director with the many commercial aspects of the Global Finance Team's work including liaison with the firms' Bankers.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries.
- Supervision of the Financial Accounting Assistant.
Skills and experience – essential
- The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant.
- Income Protection Scheme.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after three years’ service.
- Subsidised staff restaurant.
- Critical illness scheme.
- Interest-free season ticket loan.
- £250 annual sports club contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
It is an essential requirement of this role that you comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements including (but not limited to) current data privacy requirements, and in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, you notify any breaches and/or potential breaches of which you are/become aware.
Our client values diversity and promotes a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity at all levels and in all aspects from recruitment and selection to appraisal and promotion. All decisions relating to employment practice will be objective and based on merit and ability.
For further information on this exciting new Financial Controller position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers