Business Tax Senior
Business Tax Senior
The firm, a highly sought after Top 10 practice, provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Purpose of role:
As a Senior, you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of owner-managed and corporate businesses. You will be responsible for reporting to and supporting the Manager and Partner group on larger projects as required.
Client work including:
- Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
- Technical research
- Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
- Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
- Review Alphatax/Taxpoint lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
- Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
Assisting other staff members
- Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
- Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
- Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
- Planning and Organising - Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Written and Oral communication - Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Team work - Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
- Maintain Technical Expertise – keep abreast of relevant tax rules/changes and the impact on your clients’ businesses
- Qualified (or studying towards) accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
- Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people
- Appetite to grow business development skills
For more information on this opportunity please either apply, or contact Jodi King at AJ Chambers.