AJ Chambers are working closely with a modern, well-established growing firm of chartered accountants, that are looking to appoint a Senior Accountant in Chelmsford.
This position is available due to succession planning within the firm and significant growth of the client base, even during Covid-19. The Partners are looking for someone capable and client-focused, with ambitions to achieve Manager and possibly Director levels within the next 3-6 years. You may be newly qualified or have a year or two post qualified experience but cannot see the opportunity for progression or promotion.
Remuneration Package - Senior Accountant:
- Competitive Salary - up to £42,000
- 25 Day Holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Professional support, development, and training and paid for CPD courses
- Modern and progressive working environment with plenty of scope for progression and learning opportunities
- Other benefits including PerkBox etc
Senior Accountant - Core Duties:
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate Manager or Partner
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors etc.
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare and check fixed asset registers
- Xero user who can assist the team with queries together with clients as and when required
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close-knit team
- Work with a variety of systems including
For further information on the Senior Accountant role, please apply direct or contact Scott Golding from AJ Chambers Recruitment.