Operations Assistant - BOS
Tilney Smith & Williamson’s personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Our Southampton office specialises in providing tax and audit services to businesses, as well as corporate finance and restructuring & recovery. We also provide services to professional practices, business owners and private clients, including personal tax, trust and financial planning advice. Our teams are Partner led and coordinated across disciplines allowing us to provide clients with a professional service and all round advice.
Assurance & Business Services (ABS)
We provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and startups to substantial international groups. Our client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, both private and publicly listed businesses including London Stock Exchange and AIM.level planning advice on a domestic and international level.
Purpose of role: To provide operational and administration support to the ABS Team.
Typing / Administration
- Audio and copy typing of general correspondence
- Finalising and printing of engagement letters
- Updating Job Assessment Form records
- Sending out bank letters and updating spreadsheet
- Assist with billing tasks
- General administration duties including filing, shredding, photocopying and binding documents
- New client set up procedures/Anti money laundering
- Arranging appointments, meetings and lunches
- Booking travel and accommodation arrangements
- Provide support to the Reception function:
- Meet and greet clients
- Answering calls quickly and politely, passing callers to the appropriate person
- Taking accurate messages when necessary
- Adhering to the reception procedure and standards
- Organise tea/coffee refreshments as required for clients / meetings
- Book meetings rooms
- Ensure reception area is kept tidy at all times
- Assisting other secretarial staff
Maths and English Language GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above
- IT skills - knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office packages
- Planning and organising - ability to organise daily tasks, prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- Team work - works well in a team with other secretaries in the department – is flexible and willing to help other team members;
- Pro-active and uses own initiative
- Good oral communications skills, with the ability to deal effectively and politely with people at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Good written communication - good grammatical skills in order to be able to produce documents accurately and with good spelling