We are currently working with a highly regarded and well established independent firm of accountants & business advisors who are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join their Business Services department.
What’s on offer?
- Salary - £23,000 - £28,000
- Full study support to complete your ACCA qualification
- 35 hour week + Flexitime working
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in daily bookkeeping for a variety of clients across all sectors using Xero and Sage accounting software
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliations and cash book analysis
- Working towards managing own portfolio of clients
- VAT returns preparation and submission.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met by clients.
- Assisting with the management of clients’ files
- Liaising with HMRC
- Work as a part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service
The Ideal Candidate
- Accounting related degree (2:1 or above) OR equivalent work experience (2 years minimum in a similar role)
- Wants to study to gain professional qualifications
- Xero knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with different clients and manage a busy workload
For more information on this role please apply, or contact Kieron Whitehead at AJ Chambers Recruitment