3 days left
- Accounting Practice
An impressive, market leading firm of chartered accountants are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Accountant to join their growing practice in Beaconsfield. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a firm with an excellent reputation in the local area.
The company have experienced year-on-year growth and are still growing through the pandemic. With this comes great routes for progressing your career within the firm and the opportunity to gain experience and training in a wide variety of accounting disciplines, including audit and taxation, in order to display increasing skills in the working environment and achieve qualification as either ACCA or ACA.
- Timely and efficient completion of tasks assigned, in line with firm operating procedures and processes. Initially completing specific tasks with close supervision but increasing to whole accounts/audit/tax/other projects with increasing independence as experience allows
- Devoting sufficient time to professional studies in order to meet all study objectives set by tutors or Line Manager and to achieve the best possible exam results.
- Attending technical courses, undertaking technical reading to ensure own technical competence, awareness of internal procedures and communications.
- Agreement of budget with manager as job commences, regular monitoring of progress against budget and feedback to supervisors.
- Regular, proactive communication with senior mentor, managers, Principals and other colleagues to update on progress with assigned work.
- Facilitating teamwork and spirit within the team
Education and Training:
- Progression towards qualification as ACCA or ACA
- Where optional papers are permitted under a qualification, it is expected that all trainees will undertake the practice focussed options
- Technical Research and other training as required
- Graduate candidates considered with a University honours degree (minimum 2:2)
- School leaver candidates considered with a minimum of 3 A Levels (equivalent to C grade or higher)
- Other candidates considered with a relevant NVQ qualification (level 3 or above) or alternative suitable practical experience gained in other accounting roles
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- A good level of personal organisation, and a proven ability to manage own time and deadlines. Whilst the role comes with study leave, a significant amount of personal focus required to dedicate efforts to working full time and achieving the required practical experience whilst also dedicating sufficient time to exam preparation
- Analytical and logical skills, particularly an ability to absorb high level concepts and apply them to different contexts/situations
- Technically up to date with awareness of relevant regulatory frameworks appropriate to level of experience/qualification
- Professional and ethical skills, displaying integrity
- Good communication skills with a flexible, adaptable and committed attitude and an ability to work within a team
- Able to cope with pressure – during the contract the complexity of both the practical role and exams will increase at a similar rate
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Jodi King from AJ Chambers.
Apply for Trainee Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly