ROA VAT Solution – Senior Administrator
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
The Racehorse Owners Association (ROA)
The ROA has been on an impressive journey in the last three years and has created a strong platform for future growth. The ROA promotes the interests of racehorse owners within British Horseracing and it represents c.8,000 members with a view to creating the conditions to encourage the retention and recruitment of racehorse owners. As a shareholder in the British Horseracing Authority and a member of the Horsemen’s Group, it plays a central role in racing industry politics and finance.
Racehorse owners are the single largest contributors to the funding of the sport. British Racing benefits from a huge variety of owners, ranging from major international investors to a large number of racing syndicates and clubs, which allow thousands of people to get involved in horse ownership at a lower cost.
The ROA is launching a new and exciting business area: ROA VAT Solution. The ROA is therefore seeking a Senior Administrator to assist with the launch and manage the day to day business relating to the VAT compilation and accounting requirements of Racehorse Owners. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Ownership.
- Ensure all new clients are signed up to the ROA VAT solution
- Administer the VAT application for all new clients with HMRC including any transfer of PPOB from previous VAT agents to the ROA VAT Solution
- Creating and implementing a Standard Operating Procedures manual for the ROA VAT Solution
- Driving a culture of personalised and intuitive front of house services to ensure exceptional customer service is achieved.
- To monitor the service provided by all colleagues and ensure that high standards that exceed client expectations are always maintained.
- Leading customer concern resolution through effective management
- Ensure all queries are resolved/escalated within 24 hours of receipt
- Complete all quarterly VAT submissions with HMRC on behalf of the ROA VAT Solution clients
- To effectively communicate to all colleagues on a day-to-day basis
- Produce weekly/monthly report for the ROA Head of Ownership
- Monitor performance and client acquisition against KPI’s and targets
Given the scope of the project and service being launched for this new position, the ROA is seeking an individual of a high calibre. The successful candidate will have strong numeracy skills, with the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
We are looking for an individual who has the drive and ambition to not only launch but also evolve and develop the new business area, therefore a track record of leading and implementing change to deliver service improvements/customer engagement initiatives is essential.
The successful candidate will be able to influence and also demonstrate the following skills: .
- Passionate about improving
- Can Do Attitude
- Excellent leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of customer/client service
- Strong process and planning oriented
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- Accounting background with understanding of UK Value Added Tax
- Understanding and knowledge of XERO software
- A willingness to learn
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.