AJ Chambers are delighted to be exclusively representing one the European market leaders in their specialist field, with over 40 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry the company has grown exponentially over the years, and they are proud to remain family owned.
Based in the heart of South East Essex, the Finance Manager role is open for someone with good experience within a Manufacturing, FMCG or Engineering environment. The ideal candidate will be a qualified professional who is either CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent.
This position would suit an inquisitive individual with good experience within a commerce and industry setting, happy to get involved on the ‘shop-floor’ and engage with all staff and customers and is also able to demonstrate good commercial ‘know-how’ and the ability to communicate at all levels.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the new Finance Manager will have four members of staff reporting to them, which includes a Company Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Credit Controller and Office Administrator.
Main Purpose of Role:
Overseeing the company Finance function and supervising the Accounts Department staff.
Role and Responsibilities:
Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts Package in conjunction with the Company Accountant.
Budget Management and Preparation of Annual Budget.
Daily monitoring and periodical forecasts of Cash-flows.
Stock-takes / Cost of Sales: -
- Organise regular counts, valuation of the stock and calculation of the Cost of Sales.
Salaries and Benefits: -
- Running monthly salaries.
- Medical cover.
- Life Assurance/DIS benefit.
- Company Cars, including breakdown cover.
- Pensions administration.
- Managing Group Employee Benefits.
HP / Finance.
Other Ad Hoc duties: -
- Inter-company account.
- Apprenticeship levy.
- Gender Pay Gap.
- Director’s current accounts.
- Liaising with the Group Financial Director on matters such as Energy supplies and foreign Exchange Rates.
To provide support, and absence cover, for Company Accountant and other Accounts Staff in your team.
Skills and Abilities:
- Accounting Skills – Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA).
- IT Skills - Word, Excel, Outlook & Winman (or other ERP/MRP system).
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
For further information on this exciting Finance Manager position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers