AJ Chambers are delighted to be working with a local not-for-profit organisation based in Essex who require a Payroll Manager is to oversee the Payroll Team and to ensure that the company deliver a high quality and person-centred service to their customers.
Main duties include:
- To lead the day-to-day delivery of the payroll function for the payroll internally and for one external company.
- To collate and analyse data as required.
- To review and develop financial procedures and processes.
- To continually monitor and update the payroll function to ensure compliance with legislation and company policy.
- To provide support to Line Manager.
- To provide line management and regular supervision to the payroll team, including supervision/appraisal and weekly team meetings.
- To deputise in the absence of Line Manager.
- To ensure that new payrolls are set up in a timely manner.
- To ensure that payrolls are received, checked and processed on a timely and accurate basis.
- To respond to individual queries including general payment queries, annual leave, redundancy, mortgage references and other authorised requests for information.
- To liaise with funders and account holders to investigate variances and highlight circumstances which might affect Direct Payment funds.
- To liaise with HMRC, the Pensions Regulator and other 3rd parties on a variety of payroll related matters.
- To support the team to ensure that individuals meet employer requirements in relation to HMRC and auto enrolment pensions.
- To support the team to ensure that calculations for payments to HMRC, chosen pension providers and other 3rd parties are accurate and paid promptly.
- To ensure that statutory filing and recording requirements are met.
- To maintain the confidentiality of the payroll system ensuring that employer files are up to date.
- To carry out payroll year-end procedures as required and to produce and send all returns required by HMRC and Benefits Agency including P11D, P35 & PSA returns.
- To visit clients and providers when required to provide information and assist with the provision of the Payroll Service.
- To maintain the payroll function as required by legal statute and company policy.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of new systems for the verification and production of financial reports.
- To assist in maintaining the computerised payroll and finance systems, reviewing software upgrades, dealing with software suppliers and ensuring that the system is effective.
- To support the production of ad-hoc reports as required by the Line Manager and Directors.
- To support and encourage co-operation between the Payroll and Finance sections within the Team and promote a ‘whole team’ mentality.
- To build a good working relationship with the Finance Manager in order to support each other and the Line Manager.
- To continually monitor and update the Payroll function to ensure compliance with legislation and company policy and to ensure that this is shared with clients.
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the postholder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required.
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers