AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Tax Manager for a mid-sized firm based in Hampshire
You will be joining a firm that is widely regarded as one of the market leaders within Hampshire.
You will be joining an established tax team and will be supported by experienced senior managers and partners.
For the right individual, this role has good scope for progression.
Tax Manager Responsibilities
- To manage the tax compliance matters of a varied portfolio of clients. The portfolio comprises of a mixture of directors and high net worth individuals whose tax affairs are of varying complexity. The portfolio also includes partnerships and some Trust work.
- To ensure during the course of the tax year that all statutory tax returns are completed and filed on time, are accurate and in keeping with best practice, and that all follow up action is anticipated, planned and implemented.
- To ensure that clients are kept informed about their obligations and deadlines and that they are kept up to date with any relevant changes in legislation or best practice.
- To identify and discuss with partners opportunities for tax planning.
- To build rapport and maintain regular contact with clients by telephone, email, letter and in person.
- To organise the effective time management of own workload, planning and prioritising, and keeping the Senior Tax Manager/Tax Partner informed of any anticipated bottlenecks or problems with meeting deadlines.
- To undertake any ad hoc projects as requested by the partners.
- Provide support to partners on advisory and project tax work. The advisory work is of a varying nature, but knowledge of a combination of Trusts, Estates, Personal Tax are essential, although a broader knowledge across business and corporate taxes would also be welcomed.
- Provide support across the wider Tax and Accounting Team with the provision of ad-hoc technical support for other staff members.
Tax Manager Requirements
- A broad range of tax experience gained within a practice environment.
- Experience in both advisory and compliance
- Tax qualifications are valued but not essential
- Management/leadership skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
For further information on this Tax Manager role, please apply direct or contact Thomas Sharland-Harris at AJ Chambers