Accounts / Bought Ledger Supervisor
AJ Chambers have exclusively been instructed to pull together a new Accounts Department on behalf of an exciting Construction Company based in Essex. My client is seeking an Accounts / Bought Ledger Supervisor to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role will incorporate end to end purchase ledger at a medium to high volume whilst having scope to help form and grow this newly created finance team. The business operates in the Construction Industry at the highest level, so knowledge and experience of CIS is essential.
The successful candidate will be confident and knowledgeable, happy to challenge the status quo and look at how processes can be improved within the AP function.
- Overseeing the whole Accounts Payable function.
- Processing invoices into the accounting system.
- Checking for and investigating discrepancies on invoices.
- Account reconciliation.
- Sending remittances.
- Preparing for payment runs.
- Making payments.
- Data Entry and updating files.
- Month end duties.
- CIS calculations and payments.
- Overseeing the work of new employees and delegating as required within the finance team.
- Challenging current processes and implementing new, improved methods of working and efficiencies.
- Reporting into the Financial Controller and Managing Director.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience within a Senior/Supervisory Purchase Ledger position.
- Fully competent with MS Word and Excel including Vlookups and Pivot Tables.
- Experience using accounting systems, with Sage Professional preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a focused manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience working to deadlines.
- Salary – Highly Competitive
- Benefits – Free medical
- Company Pension
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers