Risk Manager / Senior Risk Assessment Analyst - Council
6 days left
- Contract Type
Job Title: Risk Manager
Salary: £52,722 - £64,422 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 22nd November 2020
The Council is located only 5 miles east of London. It is well positioned with access to all major networks in London and the south east.
It is well connected by public transport with, bus, tube and DLR. When the Crossrail service opens it will call at Custom House close to their council offices and also Stratford station and from there to central London.
The London City Airport which serves major European cities is located at Royal Albert Dock. Newham has the youngest overall population in the country. It was one of the six host boroughs for the 2012 Summer Olympics and contains most of the Olympic Park including the London Stadium.
They are looking for a dynamic, experienced Operational Risk Manager ready to lead, manage, direct and deliver all aspects of the Newham Risk Strategy. This is a high profile role and you will be comfortable operating at Director and Audit Committee level whilst also providing a very hands on service. You will:
- Have an extensive practical knowledge of operational risk frameworks (in the public or private sectors) and be able to adapt that experience in an innovative and pragmatic way
- Provide strategic direction and support to the council in developing the skills, systems and abilities to ensure proper identification, evaluation and management of risk in the delivery of their services
- Be a self-starter and bring drive and enthusiasm to this role
- Relish the opportunity of embedding effective risk management throughout the Council ensuring that it meets the needs of all users
- Work closely with other members of the Assurance Management Team to ensure that the service is providing a joined up approach for customers, taking into account all risk, insurance, audit, fraud and governance issues
- Report directly to the Head of Assurance
- A qualified member of the Institute of Risk Management or equivalent qualification or relevant degree
- Evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk strategies, policies, and overall aims and objectives
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with risk solutions within Newham to ensure that they are successfully embedded and operationalised
- Experience of developing and embedding risk strategies
- Experience of embedding practical risk frameworks
- Experience of working with Senior Leaders to develop identify their key risks
- Experience of monitoring risks and controls across the organisation
- Experience of presenting risk information to Senior Leaders and the Audit Committee and highlighting salient issues
- Appreciates the need to respect clients' views
- Strong commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities
- Listens to others and communicates effectively
- Uses political judgement and sensitivity
- Prepared to take the lead management role and focus on the delivery of outcomes
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems when under pressure
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Operational Risk Analyst, Financial Services Risk Manager, Risk Assessment Analyst, Risk Analyst, Risk Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Credit Risk Analyst, Business Performance Analyst, Business Analyst, Finance Analyst, Systems Analyst, Business Systems Analyst may also be considered for this role.