Director of Finance
Organisation UK Centre of Ecology and Hydrology
Title Director of Finance
Closing date 30/11/2020
Job Type Permanent
Job Hours Full-time
Location Oxfordshire Wallingford
Replacement salary Competitive + Excellent benefits
UKCEH are seeking commercially aware and able candidates to join the five strong Executive Board to develop the best path of sustainable growth and investment for UKCEH as an organisation and enable realisation of our ambitions to further diversify their income base, particularly extending their international funding.
Reporting to the Executive Director you will lead on business planning and financial strategy, analysing information effectively to provide strategic guidance to the Executive and Science Boards and Board of Trustee Directors. You will lead your 30 staff in Finance, Project Support Services and Procurement to ensure opportunities are maximised through strategic financial leadership and realise the benefits of the recently adopted Workday business system.
UKCEH delivers world-class science with impact, which requires high levels of expertise across a broad range of disciplines and professions. UKCEH are committed to developing their existing experts and leaders, recruiting the best scientists and professional management and support staff for the future, and training the next generation of environmental scientists in partnership with universities in the UK and overseas.
Their people strategy describes how they will work together with an ethos of continuous improvement and strive for excellence in delivery to meet stakeholder and partner needs. They provide a working environment that supports equality, diversity and inclusion, recognises and motivates individuals, stimulates teamwork and provides opportunities for personal and career development.
Their approach reflects the importance of flexibility, teamwork and diversity, recognising the contribution made by all to the success of our organisation. They seek to create a working culture that is inclusive and provides a sense of belonging.
In order to apply for this position, please upload:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, relevant achievements and budgets and staff managed, and latest remuneration including any benefits
- a covering letter or supporting statement of not more than 2 pages (total) summarising your proven ability related to the person and job specifications
- Contact details of two referees, one of whom is your current or most recent employer. Referees will not be contacted before we receive your permission to do so
- daytime, evening and/or mobile telephone numbers (to be used with discretion)
For an informal discussion about UKCEH and the role, please contact our retained consultants, Claire MacLeod (+44 (0)7966 524037) or Andrew Wilson (+44 (0)7881 274570) at Hays.
- The closing date for applications is midnight Monday 30th November 2020
- Long listing meeting 2nd December
- First stage competency based interviews w/c 7th December
- Shortlisting meeting 16th December
- Final Interviews w/c 4th January 2021
UKCEH is committed to enhancing diversity among all parts of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.