1 day left
- Contract Type
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location: Remote Working (Office is based in London)
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They're the only professional accountancy firm to focus solely on London's technology and high growth corporate sector.
As a result, their client base includes some of the most exciting and high profile tech startups in London. They're described as "The First Choice For London's Innovative Companies" because they help turn great ideas into high growth companies.
Their clients range from start-ups to "unicorn" clients (i.e. those companies valued in excess of $1 billion).
It's a small firm but strives to punch well above its weight, attracting clients due to the Firm's specialism expertise and friendly, professional approach.
What you'll do:
You'll be responsible for your own portfolio of bookkeeping clients and for ensuring personal deadlines are met. You'll be liaising on a daily basis with clients both via emails and telephone. The work will involve weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping tasks, month-end bookkeeping and VAT/EC sales lists submissions when required.
You will also be involved in preparing payroll and pension submissions and supporting the payroll team. As well as supporting the greater team as a whole with ad hoc projects; for example preparation of cashflow and management reporting packs.
The work will be conducted mainly from home, but after Covid-19 you will be expected to work at the London office one day per week.
The expectation would be that, if desired, you'll be given the opportunity to access financial support and training to undertake further professional exams (such as ACA or ACCA).
What you'll need:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Xero bookkeeping system. (Knowledge of other bookkeeping systems, such as Quickbooks and ClearBooks, would be beneficial.)
- Up-to-date Xero certification
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Be able to form great working relationship with both the team and clients
- A fast learner who has a solid understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Fluent knowledge of posting standard month-end adjustments, such as accruals, prepayments, bad debts, payroll, etc.
- Ability to prepare management reports and monthly board packs to support directors in board meetings
- Experience of bookkeeping work, i.e. you must have been involved in the following;
- Bank entries (manual and via Bank feeds) and bank reconciliations
- Sales/Purchase ledger invoice entry, matching and debtor/creditor account reconciliations
- Cash transactions and reconciliations
- Journal entries like payroll journals
- Preparation and completion of VAT Returns
- Knowledge of VAT schemes: Standard, Accrual or Cash basis, Flat Rate, Partial Exemption
- Correspondence with HMRC
- Understand revenue recognition
- Reconciliation work of balance sheet accounts and understanding of a control account
At least 2 years professional practice experience, specialising in working with small businesses. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-4 years of accountancy practice.
Ideally AAT/ACCA qualified (or at least part-qualified)
- Outgoing and bubbly personality, being confident to deal directly with clients
- A great work ethic and positive attitude, who really wants to do a great job
- Someone who wants to learn from others and to grow within the Firm
- Someone who has an eye for detail
- Someone who likes working in a fast-moving environment, is not afraid to get stuck in and helps others when needed
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Prior experience or job titles of; Accounting Executive, Bookkeeping Clerk, Payroll, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly