Auditor and Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant and Auditor – Partnership prospects Northants £40K+
As part of our client’s succession plan we are recruiting for an ACA or ACCA with a mixed audit and accountancy background. The successful applicant will have come from an independent firm background rather than the Big 4. We need someone who can prepare statutory accounts rather than just having audited them.
Summary of role and requirements
- Working closely with the audit partner you will be involved in the planning, performing and review of audits. The client base is varied in terms of type, size and structure and requires experience in dealing directly with clients at all levels.
- In time you will start to take direct control of the audit clients as the partner assumes greater responsibility in other areas within the firm.
- You will be technically capable when dealing with more complex issues but also be prepared to roll up your sleeves to deal with more routine work; to assist in meeting client deadlines.
- The role will be split roughly 70% audit and 30% accounts / tax.
- A basic understanding of corporate and personal tax issues is important and an interest to develop these skills would be appealing.
- Experience in managing staff and the ability to multi-task when managing assignments is essential.
This is small, busy and friendly independent firm making plans for succession with the firm and offers progression to partnership for the right person over a 5 – 6 year period but could be sooner.
The role is not complicated and will suit an ambitious ACA or ACCA with a practice background and experience in dealing with the audit, accounts and tax related matters for owner managed businesses.
If this sounds like it could be you please contact us at Wavelength and send us your CV so we can consider your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.