Business Case Manager
Organisation: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Title Business Case Manager
Closing date 04/11/2020
Job Type Permanent
Job Hours Full-time
Industry Public Sector
Location Buckinghamshire Warrington
Replacement salary £Competitive + excellent pension and bonus
Salary £60000 - 85000 per year + Excellent pension + pension
Business Case Writer
Location: Hinton House, Warrington, Cheshire or Herdus House, Whitehaven, Cumbria
Salary: £Commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits package & flexible working
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment.
The work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
As part of the NDA’s newly established business case writing team this role together with the Lead Business Case Writer will form the NDA’s subject matter experts in business case development, providing advice, guidance and a range of writing services to the NDA group.
The role will be instrumental in delivering process improvements and driving best practice business cases through learning from experience reviews across the NDA group. The role will contribute significantly to the production of clear requirements, processes and templates for business case development (NDA group wide).
- Write high quality business cases which translate policy, technical and non-technical Project and commercial documentation into coherent, compliant and succinct cases
- Effectively engage with Programme/Project/ Commercial managers to ensure alignment between business case development and original project material
- Ensure that developed business cases comply with organisational and HMT Green Book requirements aligned to the NDA scheme of delegated authority
- Develop and maintain positive relationships within the team and with key enabling functions to ensure business case content and development processes align with group initiatives/requirements (financial models, business critical models, optimism bias, etc.)
- Support the establishment of a new business case writing capability within both NDA corporate centre and across the wider NDA group (virtual team)
- Provide advice, guidance and support on the development of business cases to the NDA corporate centre and the wider group
- Present and facilitate structured workshops to train /educate the NDA group on business case requirements and the development processes
- Identify, develop and embed best practice into business case writing across the NDA group using lessons learned from similar projects and sharing good practice
- Review and feedback on business cases produced by the wider NDA group to drive quality improvements
- Working within the NDA Sanction Team contribute to the smooth running of the NDA sanction process across the NDA group (One NDA)
The NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with individuals who have significant experience in a Business Case Writer role in a major public or private sector organisation.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At the NDA we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan M 07985 443 826 or Kelly Ridley M 07380 193 343 Hays Executive.
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Business Case Writer at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Closing date: 4th November