Trust Tax Assistant
The firm, a Top 10 practice, has provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and their business interests for over a century. They serve clients including individuals, families, entrepreneurs, charities, trustees, professional advisers and businesses from multiple offices in the UK.
The Guildford office provides a range of services: to private clients, medium sized companies typically owner managed or family owned business, HNWIs/UHNWIs, non-doms and family offices.
Purpose of role:
Assist with the compliance, trust accounting and annual administration process for a client allocation and deal with technical and administrative issues.
- Prepare trust tax returns and trust accounts
- Prepare IHT returns/calculations
- Manage HMRC enquiries
- Responsibility for compliance work on clients
- Monitor time limits and elections for compliance portfolio
- Draft or review HMRC correspondence
- Prepare technical research
- Contribute at client meetings
- Responsible for billing and monitoring budgets
Training & Development:
- Study towards a further professional qualification (not essential)
- Maintain technical knowledge
- Attend internal training sessions
- Ensure relevant client deadlines are met
- Ensure Smith & Williamson procedures are adhered to
- Dealing with some departmental administrative tasks
- Planning and Organising: must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Written and verbal communication: good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Customer Focus: meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- ATT or AAT qualified
- Private client/ trust tax experience