A leading manufacturing company in the Tonbridge area are looking to hire a Financial Controller. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with significant financial management accounts experience to join a well established firm. The company have an outstanding reputation with their portfolio of customers and are a thriving business.
The Financial Controller will lead the delivery of the company's Finance function within the business, providing support to the Directors and reporting into the Managing Director. In return, they are offering a very competitive remuneration package.
- Take responsibility for the management and development of the company’s finance function.
- Independently manage the full accounting function including daily accounting, monthly management accounts, bank reconciliations and quarterly VAT return preparation and submission
- Stock management including dealing with sales order processing, stock ordering and stock control - MRP
- Cash flow management, ensuring supplier payments are made within credit terms
- Scheduling local hauliers and dealing with customer / supplier deliveries and collections
- Continue to develop the company’s internal processes and procedures in relation to financial management and MRP systems, addressing areas of risk and improving where required.
- Provide management support (to Directors and Managers) as required, ensuring appropriate work is allocated, work is supervised effectively to ensure quality and efficiency and regular feedback on performance is provided.
- Contribute to staff / team development, through knowledge sharing or other appropriate forums
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the finance function.
- Significant Financial Management Accounts experience gained in a similar and respected environment
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge and understanding of the relevant market, including experience of manufacturing in the UK
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients and an ability to quickly build and maintain rapport
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Directors, Managers, staff, customers and suppliers
- Drive and self-motivation to achieve personal and strategic objectives of the company
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively using written and verbal communication
- Ability to work autonomously, but also collaboratively supporting colleagues as needed
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work, particularly during peak periods of work
- Ability to organise self and others, monitoring multiple deadlines and prioritising tasks to ensure completed accurately and on time
- Good attention to detail and the ability to assess situations and problem solve, proactively managing customer and supplier relationships
- Strong leadership and management skills, with an ability to manage people effectively
- Confident IT and systems skills, with a track record of understanding customer needs and using technologies to achieve effective management
- Prior experience of using Sage 200 accounting and MRP software packages
If you believe that you could be suitable for this position then please apply or contact James Young at AJ Chambers.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly