An exciting new vacancy has arisen within a fast-paced business based in Peterborough; the company is in the media profession, one that is highly stable and with extensive reach within the UK. The candidate must be process driven with a keen eye for detail providing management with timely and accurate financial information to drive forward the business whilst effectively managing budgetary targets. This position offers the opportunity for the right person to work closely with the Chief Executive, build a long-term relationship with them, and with their mentorship, become a big part of the future in the Senior Management team.
The candidate must be flexible and able to:
- Preparation of management accounts and reports for the board of directors.
- Preparation of budgets both at company and departmental level.
- Sales and purchase ledger control with an emphasis on credit control.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Maintenance of records and management of the annual auditing process.
- Preparation and submission of monthly national statistical data.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
Our Client needs someone who is:
- Interested in being involved in their business growth, even interested in an annual bonus linked to progress,
- Analytical with attention to detail, getting things right first time
- Organised and keep track of contract files etc
- Open to transition to more efficient processes, that could involve new supportive software to accounting. Any experience in this area would be beneficial but Client is open, if required, to bringing in support to introduce new software
- Flexible regarding volatile income and focus on cost controls, personnel changes, furlough, JSS, effect on cashflow forecasts
- Experienced in Digital Change and/or Digital Solutions.
Alongside the above, our Client is looking for someone who is accurate, unfazed by current volatile market, and who is keen to support a communicated company strategy involving some transitional change.
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly