Job Title: Finance Director
Post Reference No: MAN36
Job Purpose: To provide a comprehensive and professional financial management control service to Kingston Maurward College.
Reports to: Principal and Chief Executive
Grade/Salary: £55,789 - £60,701 per annum which is Point M21 – M25 on the Management Salary Scale.
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday with flexibility to meet business needs
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Finance Director to support the Principal in the strategic financial and risk management of the college. The post holder will work closely with the Strategic Management team, Head of Estates, Marketing Manager, and Heads of curriculum departments. The role will lead the Finance Manager and Finance team to play a significant role in ensuring effective financial control and seek opportunities to improve processes and enhance services across the college. The person will be a confident, successful qualified accountant with a broad range of financial experience particularly in areas of management accounting, budgeting and cost control. FE experience is desirable and the post holder will be expected to have an understanding of the public sector.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- To support the Principal and Corporation to achieve the College’s strategic aims.
- To ensure compliance with agreed accounting timetables and deadlines including provisions of year end accounts and board reports.
- To work closely with the College Management team to provide financial support and ensure that financial controls are in place across the college.
- To ensure that the financial performance monitoring process is robust to ensure that the College’s financial objectives are met.
- To finalise monthly management accounts including cash flow and prepare reports for the Senior Management Team and Corporation.
- To lead the Finance Manager and Finance team to play a significant role in ensuring effective financial control and seek opportunities to improve processes and enhance services across the college.
- To prepare the annual budget, forecasts and financial plan for the college and to liaise with budget holders.
- To assist the Corporation in the management of internal and external audit processes including year-end.
- To be responsible for the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- To manage the treasury banking arrangements and forecast working capital and cash to ensure that the College has sufficient resources to meet the needs of the business and provide regular updates to the Principal and Board.
- To maintain statutory records and prepare returns relating to the College’s finance to funding bodies including the ESFA.
- To liaise with external organisations as appropriate including HMRC, bankers, auditors and funding bodies.
- To lead the development of financial awareness and support management training programmes.
- To ensure that financial procedures and policies are adhered to and that the policies are updated on a timely basis.
- To Periodically attend meetings of Finance and Resources and Audit committees as required.
- To carry out all other duties as commensurate with the role.
Duties Expected of All College Staff:
- To promote an active commitment to equality and diversity, PREVENT and British Values.
- To take active responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in College.
- To undertake such personal staff development as is agreed to be necessary for the development of the role and the individual.
- To set a high standard of professionalism. This will include maintaining regular contact with colleagues, students and customers verbally, in writing and via e-mail.
- To monitor customer satisfaction and continually seek ways of improving the service for which the post is responsible.
- All staff are expected to work the College Open day which takes place in June each year.
- To regularly review, adapt, and improve systems and procedures.
- To support the College’s commitment to quality assurance including course review and self-assessment.
- To promote an active commitment to the College’s approach to sustainability.
- To undertake an annual appraisal which clearly identifies targets for continued improvement.
- To provide or support inspiring and challenging education and training for all learners and promote participation by a wider group of learners.
- To take proactive responsibility for Health & Safety at all times, reporting accidents, incidents and near misses which may affect staff, students, customers and visitors.
This range of tasks should not be construed as definitive or exhaustive due to the changing external environment within which the College operates. Other duties may be required within the general scope of the post.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly