Audit and Accounts Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
Audit and Accounts Manager - Milton Keynes c£45K - £50K+
Opportunity in Milton Keynes for an ACA / ACCA qualified looking for an opportunity to progress their career in a managerial position. This is a chance to take a key leadership role. You'll work directly with Partners' to provide expert opinion based upon outstanding technical capability and business insight.
As well as managing an existing portfolio of owner managed businesses and UK subsidiaries of international groups, you'll be involved in working closely with Partners' to develop new clients, providing pitch support as well as developing your own relationships.
The role will combine portfolio and staff management and involvement with business advisory / development work as follows:
- Portfolio Management
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Responsibility for holding pre-audit meetings and preparing / reviewing budgets.
- Responsibility for audit assignments from planning through to review ensuring that files are complete and that audit or accounts work is sufficient to enable the Partner to form an opinion on the accounts.
- Responsibility for fee schedules and billing for Partner review and approval.
- Drafting of management letters, finalising of accounts, and letters of engagement.
- Responsibility for ensuring that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training to maximise their experience.
- Complete staff appraisals and sign off training records for allocated members of staff.
- Complete staff review forms after the end of each job identifying any areas needing further development and giving feedback to ensure improved future performance.
Business advisory/ad hoc work
- Identify opportunities for additional services that the firm can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Adhoc project work which may include compliance or value added services
This is an excellent career opportunity for a fully qualified ACA/ACCA with an audit and accounting background who is up to date with recent developments and changes in accounting standards. Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries is essential together with client focus and commercial awareness and must have the ability to motivate, delegate effectively and be a strong leader.
Salary and package depends on the level of experience and ability of the successful applicant.
Apply for Audit and Accounts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly