Assistant Manager (Public Practice)
Our Client is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers providing a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a diverse range of corporates, owner managed businesses and private Clients across the South East of England.
During this recent period of social lockdown, the practice has successfully operated remotely, from home, due to the excellent remote working and communication systems previously adopted. Practice software includes Office 365; the full suite of Iris accounting products for preparation, job tracking and e-filing; an integrated document management system called Virtual Cabinet; and a fully accessible resource library supplied by Mercia and Tolley.
We seek an experienced accountant who will relish a mixed role for both business and personal Clients. The position is becoming vacant due to a retiring member of our Clients’ team. The ideal candidate will enjoy the variety of preparing company accounts, company tax returns and personal tax returns for small to medium sized owner managed businesses. A personable manner is essential as you will be encouraged to build Client relationships. Your skill set will support existing management and partners, ultimately allowing them more time and resource to continue growing the practice. This is a Client focused role, so five years’ experience in general practice is essential.
Business Accounts Team
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals.
- Prepare and finalise a wide range of accounts and tax computations – Mostly Limited companies but including sole traders, partnerships and LLP’s.
- Assist with management accounting, including off site visits when required.
- You will be encouraged to build upon existing Client relationships.
- Be responsible for a varied Client portfolio including finalising accounts and attending to general incoming queries.
- Deliver management accounting services to include forecasting and budgeting.
- Be able to lead ad-hoc Client projects with support from management.
- Be proficient at drafting personal and corporation tax returns.
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of Clients.
Skills and Experience
- Hold or soon to hold an ACA or ACCA qualification.
- To have five years’ experience of working in general practice.
- Advanced software skills are a must – Microsoft office and leading bookkeeping software.
- Ideally, to be proficient in the use of IRIS accountancy suite but, not essential.
Remuneration Package and Continued Development
- Competitive salary, subject to relevant skills and experience.
- Flexible working arrangements are available.
- Structured CPD courses will be provided.
- Continue to develop advanced software skills.
- Future Management and Partnership prospects are genuinely available for a candidate with such aspirations.
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers