Analyst, Business Finance Team
- Location: Cardiff (Flexible location across our offices in Wales)
- Grade & Salary: 5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over four years
- Post number: 201683
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing date: 14 August 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will provide financial management advice and guidance to directorate cost centre and projects managers, guiding them through medium term budget assessments, budget setting, monitoring, and forecasting. Embedding efficiencies, identification of risk/opportunity, and providing support for difficult financial decisions, for both current and future years.
Qualifications and Skills
- Accounting Technician qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience working within Finance environment at a technical level.
- Knowledge of 'Managing Welsh Public Money' Principles & HMT's 'Classification of Receipts'.
- Understand a wide range of our business and environmental activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of our Finance Scheme of Delegation with an ability to advise others.
For more information, please visit our website.