Private Client Tax Manager
AJ Chambers are currently representing a well-established and highly reputable firm of chartered accountants who, due to recent growth, are seeking a Private Client Tax Manager for their office in Orpington.
As Private Client Tax Manager, you will provide a range of tax services for a variety of private clients and directors/owners of the corporate clients. You will manage your own portfolio, of differing levels of complexity. Advisory work includes capital gains tax advice, inheritance tax planning, trust work and disclosures.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Be responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of the clients in your portfolio, ensuring professional standards are met
- Identify and consult with colleagues and the partner on complex technical and risk matters, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Undertake related advisory matters for clients
- Draft letters, emails and reports and prepare key client reporting documents
- Ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with the Partner on client billing
- Support the marketing and development of the firm’s services and identify selling opportunities within existing client accounts
- Working with the Partner, identify relevant tax projects and subsequently lead and deliver these
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team, reviewing work and managing professional and performance standards
- Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within the firm
- CTA qualified, study support can be provided if you are part qualified
- Good understanding of personal income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Competent on routine compliance work with a good understanding of process and procedures
- Experience of advising on personal taxes
- Trust advisory experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of CCH would advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
For more information on this Private Client Tax Manager position, please contact Jodi King at AJ Chambers.