Assistant Scheme Secretary / Trustee Support - Pensions
Job Title: Assistant Scheme Secretary/ Trustee Support
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
They're a fast growing and highly successful independent trustee company working with many household names, as well as smaller organisations. With over 210 clients and over £30 billion invested in them they provide professional services helping clients govern and run their pension schemes to the highest standards.
Their services include independent trusteeship, trustee executive, scheme secretarial, adviser selections and trustee effectiveness services. They are also on the Pension Protection Fund (PPF's) trustee advisory panel.
You will be attending client meetings, preparing papers and supporting clients on specific governance projects. It is a busy and challenging role as you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of supporting trustees, trustee boards and running their pension schemes. You will work closely with senior colleagues and use your communication skills to build relationships with all the key stakeholders and scheme advisers. As you take on additional responsibilities, there will be opportunities to take a lead role on existing or new clients.
You will have some clients where you will provide Trustee support services for the independent trustees. You will use your skills and experience on governance projects and adviser reviews, as well as the opportunity to take up interim roles including secondments.
- Organisation of Trustee and other meetings including preparing agenda and papers to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Attendance at meetings, presenting papers, participation in discussions, drafting minutes.
- Lead discussions with clients on technical issues as appropriate for the role - putting forward ideas and suggestions.
- Supporting the Trustees to meet legal and compliance requirements through development, and maintenance of key scheme governance documents e.g. conflicts register, TKU register, business plans.
- Drafting communications, such as newsletters.
- Project management of services, providers and special exercises.
- Project work, such as adviser selection exercises, de-risking projects and governance reviews.
- Involvement in marketing and client proposals including presentations.
- Training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Sharing ideas, solutions and client experience with the rest of the team
Candidates must have a strong pensions background either from in-house or at a consultancy and have a good understanding of running all aspects of a pension scheme.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational and project management skills,
- Proficient in technical aspects of the role covering DB, DC and hybrid schemes,
- Skilled at planning and managing all aspects of your work with little supervision,
- Ability to work in high pressure and fast paced environment without diluting the quality of work,
- Effectively deals with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience,
- Ability to assimilate information and communicate complicated scenarios in a simple manner,
- Keen to study for PMI exams or already part PMI qualified, and
- Possible PRINCE2 qualification
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Pensions Management, Pension Scheme Administrator, Project Manager, Trustee Manager, Trustee Services, Pensions Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Secretary, Scheme Secretary, Pension Scheme Manager may also be considered for this role.