AJ Chambers are currently representing a highly reputable, mid-tier firm of chartered accountants who are seeking an Audit Manager for their experienced team in Letchworth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with audit experience to step up from a supervisory capacity to a managerial role.
Our client is offering a great route to develop their career whilst offering flexibility and autonomy to manage your team and clients.
As Audit Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with clients, managing relationships, organising and managing audit seniors and juniors and reviewing working papers. In addition, you will work closely with and report into the Senior Audit Manager, and the Head of Audit and will work closely with the partners and the wider audit team.
- Planning Audits and identifying key risk areas
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with, and up to date technical knowledge
- Ensure that client deadlines are met and to budget
- Working on more complex aspects of audits
- Building strong client relationships and being a point of contact on advice for structuring, systems as well as source of relevant information
- Supervising the audit process on site, supporting and managing Audit Team in collaboration with the Senior Audit Manager, supporting and developing more junior members of staff
- Suggest improvements for audit efficiency and general process internally
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Significant audit experience, gained within an accountancy practice or similar professional services firm
- Good IT skills, and knowledge of CCH Pro Audit and Accounts Production would be an advantage
- An ability to review existing systems and processes and to make suggestions for improvements would be desirable
For more information on this Audit Manager position, please contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.