AJ Chambers are currently representing a long-established and reputable not-for-profit organisation who are seeking a Finance Manager for their office in Chelmsford. Reporting to the Finance Director, this role offers excellent opportunities to develop your skills set and progress within your career.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible to the Finance Director for the day to day operation activities within the finance department, ensuring that all procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that standing financial procedures are implemented throughout the organisation, and notify the Finance Director if there are any breaches
- Manage the effective processing of the main accounting ledgers including the purchase, sales and nominal ledgers, cash book and Company credit card ensuring the effective management of financial data
- Act as the lead operational contact with the companies’ bank
- Oversee the banking of cash and cheques
- Assist in the management of the day to day cash flow and cash investments
- Responsible for the preparation of a monthly credit control report for review by the Finance Director
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements, including the Fixed asset register and key reconciliations
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts reports for review by the Finance Director
- Produce financial information and provide financial advice as required through regular budget review meetings with Operational and Corporate budget holders
- Provide relevant in-house financial training to non-finance staff by leading in the provision of internal training workshops
- Assist the Finance Director in the production of the annual budget setting process working with budget holders
- Ensure the maintenance of the finance systems
- Liaise with external computer consultants regarding system queries
- Support the upgrade and implementation of the new systems
- Authorise orders and invoices up to personal limit as defined by delegated authority limits
- Attend internal meetings and serve on project groups as the role requires.
- Assist in the operation of financial internal audits
- CCAB part qualified or AAT qualified
- Experience using financial accounting systems
- Sound people management and relationship skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of payroll
- Technically competent with experience of staff management
- Previous experience of controlling ledgers, including balance sheet reconciliations and producing monthly management accounts
For more information on this Finance Manager position, please contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers.