AJ Chambers are currently representing a long-established and reputable not-for-profit organisation who are seeking a Payroll Manager for their office in Chelmsford. Reporting to the Finance Director, this role offers excellent opportunities to develop your skills set and progress within your career.
As Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of the monthly payroll, management of the outsourced payroll service and the provision of payroll data.
- Act as the key payroll contact, in liaising with the third-party outsourced company to ensure all relevant information is produced according to the timetable
- Ensure pay is correct for staff, paying attention to adjustments such as sickness, starters, leavers etc.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and keep up to date with any changes in legislation
- Be the key contact for staff with payroll queries
- Post the monthly payroll journal to the finance system
- Ensure that monthly management accounts provide accurate expenditure information and that variances are explained
- Assist in the preparation of the annual staffing budget
- Deliver inhouse payroll focussed training across the organisation to ensure understanding of key employee issues e.g. SSP, maternity/ paternity leave and pensions
- Prepare statutory returns including Furlough returns and sleep in reports
- Successful delivery of monthly payroll on time
- Processing of timesheet and expense claims
- Provide relevant pay information, such as confirmed shifts, according to the timetable
- Process payments through BACS.to third parties including HMRC, pension schemes and AOEs
- Dealing with payroll enquiries
- Calculating pay adjustments as and when required
- Ensure staff pay records are correct and up to date
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested
- Completing monthly pension returns relating to pay, auto enrolment and year-end
- Manage pensions auto enrolment in conjunction with HR colleagues
- Dealing with pension enquiries relating to pay
- Process PAYE settlement for payment, ensuring accuracy
- Producing the payroll journals and payroll reconciliations
- CIPP qualified, or equivalent
- Significant experience in payroll
- Experience using financial accounting systems
- Knowledge of payroll systems, Inland Revenue legislation, Pension Scheme regulations relating to pay, Conditions of Service relating to pay
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
For more information on this Payroll Manager position, please contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers.