Assistant Financial Controller
Assistant Financial Controller
West Ealing, London
Up to £40,000 per year + benefits
Working hours Mon-Thurs 8am – 4.45pm, Fri 8am – 12noon
Plasser UK – a railroad manufacture company based in West Ealing – is looking for a newly qualified ACCA (or equivalent) Assistant Financial Controller to join its finance department for a full-time, permanent role.
About Plasser UK
Plasser UK is a leader in a niche market and have been in operation since 1960. We are part of an international group specialising in the manufacturing and maintenance of railroad maintenance machines. Our aim is to work together with our high-profile customers as partners to achieve the highest levels of performance from their machines.
At Plasser UK we employ fully trained technicians who meet the most stringent industry requirements. We pride ourselves on a broad skill base, ensuring that there is always a specialist available for all machine categories. To achieve our high standards, we need an Assistant Accountant who can help us to continue the vision and innovation that have driven this company since its establishment.
Your New Role
The Assistant Financial Controller will support the Financial Controller with in-month, month-end, and year-end duties relating to the management and running of a small Finance department in an accurate and timely manner.
The Assistant Financial Controller will perform and/or ensure completion and delivery of the following:
- HMRC submissions – VAT Returns, EC Sales, Intrastat, and Government surveys
- Oversee the purchase ledger and credit control and debt management
- Continuously review the General Ledger and ensure that errors or mis-postings are corrected
- Carry out month-end closure routine
- Prepare and update prepayment, accruals, WIP, and fixed asset schedules
- Prepare and produce monthly management accounts for review
- Assist with the preparation of the company’s statutory accounts
- Generally, to support the Financial Controller with preparing the year end audit file
We are looking to hire an Assistant Financial Controller (newly qualified ACCA or equivalent) who demonstrates the below skills, experiences, and personal qualities.
1. Specialist/Technical Knowledge, Skills or Aptitude:
- Management and statutory accounts knowledge
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK FRS
2. Experience required:
- At least five years accounting experience
- Experience of sales ledger, purchase ledger, and bank reconciliation
- Management and statutory accounts preparation experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Analytical skills/experience
3. Personal Qualities required:
- The ability to integrate and thrive within a small Accounts team
- Accurate and has an eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise
In return, the Assistant Financial Controller will be offered £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus competitive benefits
Mon-Thurs 8am – 4.45pm, Fri 8am – 12noon
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this Assistant Financial Controller position in London. Previous applicants need not apply.