AJ Chambers are currently representing a long-established, leading firm of chartered accountants who are seeking a Senior Accountant for their office in Letchworth. Working alongside a group of experienced professionals, this position offers excellent opportunities for progression and to expand your knowledge of accountancy.
You will have every opportunity to progress towards further client management as the portfolio grows, having experienced a considerable period of growth over the past 5 years. There will be progression available to increase managerial responsibility within the first 2 years as the scope for the role widens with experience.
- Competitive salary c£40,000
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension, free parking and bonuses
- Supervision and preparation of management and statutory accounts
- Preparation of personal tax computations and self-assessment tax returns
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC
- Be the main point of contact and face of the company for clients within the portfolio, nurturing relationships and maintaining a high-level of quality
- Training and mentoring junior staff, reviewing work done by such team members
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
- Experience with accounts software
- Experience preparing statutory accounts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lead and organise team members
For more information on this Senior Accountant position, please contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.