Following a recent restructure of the Finance function at the Council, a new Finance Projects team has been created to provide high-quality financial advice and support to strategic, cross-cutting projects. The team will be at the heart of enabling change across the organisation through, for example, developing business cases, carrying out options appraisals and ensuring effective risk management, and has a vision to work collaboratively to deliver and inspire brilliant and responsible decision making for optimum impact for Warwickshire.
You will play a pivotal part in the work of the team and will work with colleagues across the organisation to identify and deliver positive outcomes. As a team, we are striving to build strong and sustainable relationships by listening to and understanding our stakeholders. Further, we will use our understanding of the bigger picture to provide creative and innovative solutions, within the context of the wider financial framework.
We are seeking a dynamic and committed individual who is appropriately qualified and who can:
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, across all levels of the organisation, including to Members
- Balance the need to ensure compliance with the financial framework with the provision of flexible, proactive and innovative advice to customers.
- Analyse and interpret complex data and present this in a relatable manner
- Develop business cases, and generate solutions to problems, with a focus on benefits realisation and options appraisal
- Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Stephen Robbins, Finance Projects Delivery Lead at [email protected]
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 13 July 2020.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application demonstrates that they meet the criteria for the post. This means the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, people with a disability and people from the LGBT+ Community.