AJ Chambers are currently representing a leading independent firm who, due to organic growth and recent acquisitions, are seeking a Partner Designate for their office in Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established firm and contribute to the development of the business long term.
You will be involved in strategy meetings, ensuring all tools on the market are explored and utilised for the continued success of the firm with the existing hierarchy. Genuine equity opportunities will be available to the ideal candidate who’s desire is to build up their presence and client base across Cambridge, with the foundation already laid at an exciting, modern, unique and dynamic practice.
As Partner Designate, you will manage resources within the team to oversee the provision of general accounting and taxation services to an established portfolio of clients, leading on service delivery and client relationships. Additionally, you will work closely with the Senior Management Team to deliver on the growth strategy of the business.
- Plan, monitor work and resources within agreed budgets to meet deadlines and targets set
- Manage and develop a portfolio of clients
- Manage the team to ensure Senior Management expectations are met on delivery and accuracy of work
- Lead on developing excellent client service and relationships with clients and the team
- Manage the allocation of work within the team
- Review accounts for quality and compliance ensuring completion of file and recording notes and review points
- Take responsibility to coach and develop team members giving constructive feedback to enhance their skills and development
- Liaise with other departments in order to efficiently and effectively complete jobs
- Participate in projects, contribute to team and business initiatives
- Manage the work in progress and billing of client portfolio
- Provide technical advice to the team and clients as required
- Recruit, train and develop members of the team to ensure there are sufficient resources and skills in the team to meet current demand and planned growth
- Work in collaboration with the team to share knowledge and ideas to improve communication, set team goals and recognise achievements
- Carry out appraisals for team members to set appropriate objectives, review progress and develop skills
- Build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the business services to help identify opportunities to cross sell services to clients and communicate this to the team
- Support marketing and business development initiatives to increase client portfolio and new business
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Good technical and compliance skills
- Experience managing a team and delegating work to juniors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience managing your own portfolio of clients
- Possess drive and ambition to take a leading role in the business
For more information on this Partner Designate position, please contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.