The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and audit and operate independent enforcement arrangements for auditors, accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
Corporate Reporting Review (CRR) is part of the Supervision division of the FRC. The team monitors financial information provided by companies for compliance with relevant accounting requirements and enquires into apparent departures through correspondence and face-to-face meetings with company Chairs, directors and senior officers. In addition, CRR regularly publishes thematic reviews of accounting ‘hot topics’. These reports are widely used by preparers and auditors as a source of best practice, and recent topics have included impairment, revenue recognition under IFRS 15 and lease accounting under IFRS 16.
More information about the team can be found in the FRC videos here.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing technical and analytical reviews of companies’ annual reports and accounts
- Identifying substantive points of possible material non-compliance with relevant reporting requirements and recommending appropriate action
- Preparing initial and subsequent formal correspondence to companies
- Researching and writing CRR thematic reviews
- Conducting ad-hoc project and research work
Candidates must be fully qualified members of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or CAI (or equivalents) and have detailed knowledge of IFRS as well as significant experience at Senior Manager level in a major firm or corporate. The ideal candidates will have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent research and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage, and prioritise, a portfolio of cases concurrently
The role is based in our Central London office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at [email protected]. In the covering letter, please.set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Apply for Case Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Management Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Reporting Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)