AJ Chambers are currently representing a market leading, mid-tier firm of chartered accountants who are seeking an Accounts Senior for their office in King’s Lynn. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable firm that offers first-rate career prospects and a generous remuneration package.
As an Accounts Senior, you will be responsible for undertaking high quality accounts preparation and tax compliance services for a range of business clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Fully accountable for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients
- Provide projections and forecasting information
- Produce VAT returns and provide an in-depth knowledge and advice service to clients
- P11D and other payroll advice and services
- Assisting clients with various cloud accounting software, including Xero & QBO
- Develop client relationships, including regular client contact by telephone, meetings and electronically
- Identify opportunities for additional services
- Awareness of business development including representing the firm at networking events
- Prepare self-assessment tax returns, business and partnership tax returns to include detailed capital gains computations and preparation of schedules of income from property
- Mentor, supervise and coach junior staff assigned and contribute to non-client work
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards / requirements
- Undertake other reasonable work activities as determined by the Partners and Managers
- Undertake appropriate training to ensure CPD criteria is met
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- A minimum of 3 years’ accounts experience gained within an accountancy practice or similar professional services firm
- Experience of Xero or QuickBooks Online
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate the ability to delegate duties to staff, sharing knowledge and providing guidance as needed
For more information on this Accounts Senior position, please apply directly or contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.