Director, Financial and Risk Management
Business area: Financial Audit
Salary: £84,987 to £121,620
This is an exciting time to be joining the National Audit Office (NAO). We are currently implementing our new strategy following wide-ranging review into the role and purpose of the NAO.
Background and Context
This role is one of six senior roles which lead our expertise hubs and will play a key role in improving the use of knowledge within our organisation and communicating what we know with the outside world. We are looking for a director of our Financial and Risk Management hub to lead in this important area for our work, bringing together insights from within the NAO, across government, and from international practice. This is an opportunity to help shape one of our strategic priorities at an important and challenging time for public services in the UK.
The main purpose of the role is to lead one of our new expertise hubs, specialising in financial and risk management. The successful candidate will lead a core hub team supporting a wider network of financial and value for money audit teams across the NAO.
- Leading the core Financial and Risk Management hub team, as a centre of expertise, knowledge and support to the rest of the office
- Providing expert advice and opinion on managing finance and risk management in organisations which will help support our audit work (including specialist areas such as company audit and IT audit)
- Be a credible and effective thought leader both in and outside of the organisation
- Lead effective hiring, on-boarding, management, and development of core team members as required, and contribute to wider NAO recruitment and development
For full details of the role responsibilities, please refer to the full job description below.
The people we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate expertise and significant experience of strategic finance, most likely in a senior role.
- Relevant financial qualification with considerable, practical post-qualification experience of budgeting, financial control, financial and management accounting, and risk management.
- Experience of working for, or with, government in a strategic finance role
For full details of the skills and capabilities, please refer to the full job description below.
Please submit an up to date version of your CV, along with a covering letter, setting out briefly why you are suitable for this role.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 24 June 2020.
We expect interviews to take place and for the selection process to be completed by mid-July. Further details of the selection process will be given to shortlisted candidates.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
Please note, you must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.