AJ Chambers are currently representing one of the UKs leading companies in their sector who are seeking an Accounts Controller. Based in the centre of Chelmsford, this role would suit an experienced individual who has a background in a similar industry.
As Accounts Controller, your role will be to support the Finance Director and oversee, supervise and evaluate the operations of the accounts department. In addition, you will manage the company’s accounts assistants and the general running of the department.
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting department
- Supervise Accounts department including Accounts Assistants
- To deputise for the Finance Director in their absence, ensuring the consistent smooth running of the department
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, expenses and payroll)
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports and balance sheet reconciliation
- Coordinate and direct the development and preparation of budgets, forecasts and projections
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Maintain files and comply with record retention requirements
- Support the Finance Director with the monthly payroll process and manage in their absence
- ACCA qualified or similar
- A minimum of three years’ experience of financial management
- Good working knowledge of financial systems
- Experience in preparation of budgets, management accounts and variance reports
- Good level of communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
For more information on this Accounts Controller position, please contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers.
Apply for Accounts Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly