AJ Chambers are currently representing a reputable and long-established firm of chartered accountants who are seeking an Accounts Senior for their experienced team in Spalding. The firm is seeking a qualified individual who possesses varied experience across industry sectors in accounts. A generous remuneration package and excellent opportunities for progression are available to the successful candidate.
As Accounts Senior, you will be involved in the preparation of VAT returns, statutory and management accounts as well as tax returns.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions)
- Preparation of corporate tax and self-assessment tax returns
- Report directly to the relevant manager on improvements which could be made to the client’s accounts function
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Strong experience in accounts preparation, VAT (including partial exemptions) and corporate tax work
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience gained within an accountancy or practice or similar professional services firm
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate duties to staff, sharing knowledge and providing guidance as needed
For more information on this Accounts Senior position, please contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.
Apply for Accounts Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly