Personal Tax Assistant
A reputable, progressive accountancy practice is looking to further expand their well-established personal tax department, with a new tax assistant for their Bury St Edmunds office. The firm is considering individuals currently working in a personal tax focused role or someone with an accounts background, who has experience in personal tax, that wants to specialise in personal tax.
The role involves working with a wide variety of clients, including employees, entrepreneurs and high-net worth individuals. The day-to-day work will be mainly compliance with opportunities to progress onto a more advisory role in the future.
- Responsible for providing consistent and quality client service which includes maintaining regular client contact such as meetings, emails and telephone liaison
- Technical research, preparing client documents including annual tax returns for clients within an allocated portfolio and ensuring all are compliant with tax regulations
- Ensuring compliance with internal quality control and risk managements procedures
- Corresponding with clients, tax authorities and third parties on a daily basis on a wide variety of personal tax matters
- Assist with P11D preparation
- Being point of contact for tax queries from other departments within the firm and similarly, referring clients/client matters to other parts of the firm where appropriate
- Providing advice to the clients in their portfolio
- Strong academic background
- Relevant tax experience gained within accountancy practice
- A proactive and analytical approach with a desire to progress
- Possess a well-developed sense of client service and quality orientation
- Good attention to detail and pride in work produced
If you are interested in this personal tax assistant role, please apply directly or contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers