Accounts Assistant Manager
At Wavelength we are recruiting at Assistant Manager level with an independent firm - St Neots £35K +
This is an opportunity for an experienced accountant with a practice background to join at Assistant Manager level.
Role Summary for Assistant Manager
As Assistant Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients providing high quality compliance services for a range of private clients including directors of small and medium sized companies.
Set in a great location the office offers parking, paid overtime, flexible working with toil and a statutory pension.
This is a general practice role combining all the elements of providing a compliance and advisory service to clients, with client and staff management and being part of a firm with ambition to develop the business and maintain a high level of motivation and involvement with the team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities for Assistant Manager:
Accounting / Client Management and Business Development
- Managing a portfolio of clients for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients with annual fees in excess of £120,000, through to raising bills.
- Manage and develop client relationships, including regular client contact by telephone, meetings and electronically.
- Identify opportunities for additional services and play an active role in raising the profile of the business assisting with the marketing activities of the business.
- Manage budgets and compliance processes and preparation of budgets for accounts work.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements.
- Review and finalise client accounts stage for Partner review.
- Attend client’s premises when required.
- Review self-assessment tax returns, business and partnership tax returns to include income from property.
- Review information on computerised tax software to produce returns and calculations above.
- Review P11D and other payroll advice and services.
- Review Companies House forms.
- Review company secretarial work and statutory books as required.
If you are an experienced accountant having trained in Public Practice and looking for a step towards management this Assistant Manager role offers a fantastic opportunity. If you are interested and want to find out more please contact us at Wavelength.
Contact us now!
For examples of roles with Public Practice firms we are recruiting for at Wavelength, please visit our website at waverecruit.com and apply if any are of interest. We will be pleased to help.
If you are thinking about a change in your career, and you have accounting, audit or tax experience gained from working for a professional firm of accountants, why not get in touch. Contact us at Wavelength today, email us your CV at [email protected] and we can help find the perfect role for you. We will of course review your CV and offer guidance where possible.