AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for a well know firm of chartered accountants based in Brighton.
This is an amazing opportunity for a technically strong accountant to test themselves and step into a role which offers such a high level of responsibility. You will get the chance to manage your own portfolio of clients and the opportunity to progress within the practice.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Interpreting management accounts and communicating the results to clients in a clear and concise manner
- Preparing cash flow forecasts
- Preparing and submitting statutory year-end accounts
- Designing and implementing bespoke reporting systems
- Reviewing and submitting VAT returns prior to submission
- Reviewing bookkeeping which has been completed by junior accountants
- Regularly speaking with clients, both face-to-face and via email & telephone
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of accounting systems to advise clients on the most suitable packages
- Training junior members of staff
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified, although part qualified candidates will be considered
- Exceptional accounts knowledge
- Audit experience would be useful, but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills preferred, e.g. formulas, charts, pivot tables and sorting of data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Senior Accountant - Brighton
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly