We are an award-winning firm with 2 directors and a team of 10 staff. The firm works with clients within the owner-managed and SME sectors. Our clients range from £100k to £25million in revenue. We pride in providing top-notch training and working environments for our employees and always keep their best interests at heart.
The directors are looking to appoint an individual that has at least 2+ years’ experience working in a practice environment completing audits and preparing full sets of statutory accounts. The directors will consider applicants who are either AAT qualified or ACCA / ACA part/fully qualified. You will need to either have a strong interest or experience with audit methodologies and cloud accounting software. To be successful in your application you will be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and a desire to develop your skillset.
Managing your own portfolio of clients, you will support with the statutory and SRA audits, preparation of accounts and compliance matters. There will be opportunities to get involved in other ad-hoc projects and there will be scope to get involved with business development activities in time.
Key responsibilities for this Audit Senior are:
- Assist the managers and directors in audit assignments. Complete audit assignments from planning to completion phase.
- Perform the firm's review and completion procedures on statutory and SRA audits. Assist in the preparation of year-end accounts.
- Assist with tax compliance, corporation tax computations and general VAT enquiries.
- Build and maintain consultative client relationships and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To provide close support to the managers within the team, providing answers to clients or other team members on technical issues and accounting processes
- Completing basic tax computations for clients
- Composing correspondence to clients, tax office, registrar of companies and others
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects for clients as required
This is a great job opportunity to work for a progressive firm. This role offers a competitive salary for a senior, paying up to £28,000 with the option of study support. On top of this, the firm offers a great location, competitive holiday package, pension, and free parking. This job will provide you invaluable experience with the audits, preparation of accounts, compliance work and tax work with a broad range of clients.