VAT Associate Director
VAT Associate Director ??? Milton Keynes
Together with the Partner, you will manage the interface between clients, the VAT team and the broader firm to ensure the delivery of high-quality advice to businesses in the listed and larger corporate segment, across a range of sectors.
As a high growth department, there is a strong emphasis on delivering and/or overseeing the junior team???s delivery of a strong pipeline of varied advisory work.
As a national VAT practice, we provide the freedom to find the right balance between sector specialism and general advisory, as well as an opportunity to initiate and develop new areas of focus for the VAT team.
- To identify and advise on VAT opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To act as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
- To respond to clients??? correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
- To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To identify, meet and convert prospective clients and to assist other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work ??? at an appropriate level for the grade.
- To develop an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an awareness of the firm???s services, brochures and publications.
- To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Partner.
- Previous experience of winning work and ability to unlock fees ??? primarily from the existing client base.
- Able to build and develop an enthusiastic and capable junior team.
- Travel to client meetings throughout the London and surrounding region ??? supporting colleagues primarily in Milton Keynes, London and Cambridge.