Tax Manager | Reading
A highly successful, Top 20 accountancy firm is recruiting for a Tax Manager to join the team at its office in Reading. The key responsibility of this position will be to manage the tax team to ensure client satisfaction at all times; building client relationships and managing and nurturing team members.
- Preparation and review of large company tax computations.
- Tax planning work; predominantly corporate, although some personal tax work too
- Managing the tax team.
- Assisting the Tax Director with various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research, reorganisations, reconstructions, transfer pricing and R&D claims.
- EIS and EMI.
- VAT advice.
- Reviewing the work of trainee accountants and offering advice and guidance where appropriate.
- To assist in marketing taxation services with the partners and directors.
The successful candidate will take on a portfolio of corporate clients and will potentially be looking after the corporate tax service for some large companies.
- CTA or ATT qualified, or an exceptional qualified by experience.
- Have a solid background in tax with experience gained within a practice environment.
- Confidence to deal with a variety of tax affairs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience of overseeing junior team members.