My client, a large and progressive organisation based in North Kent, are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join their team. This is a broad role covering management and statutory accounts. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the Finance Manager
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures
- Review the payments and bank instructions for approval
- Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval and process it into the accounting system
- Prepare the treasury investment proposal.
- Prepare the quarterly corporation tax payments calculation and recommended payment for approval
- Review and approve the VAT, PAYE, NI, CT61 and R185 returns ahead of processing
- Undertake the company secretarial administration duties as instructed
- Maintain the statutory books and manage the statutory audit process
- Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Review and approve sales invoices prepared by the Finance Assistant
- Undertake the review and approval of the monthly bank reconciliations
- Draft the end of year corporation tax computation for review and approval
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make their first move from practice or someone already working in industry to join a company who can offer long term career development. The successful candidate will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with previous management and statutory accounting experience.