We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct.
This is a key position within the International Finance Team, that will involve collaborating directly with stakeholders across the business specifically within the Conservation Programmes (CP) department to support ZSL systems, policies and procedures overseas. This includes:
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting systems, policies and procedures are maintained by country and conservation programmes and that these are rolled out effectively to country programme offices;
- Ensuring that the control environment and processes are robust and financial reporting and budgeting is up to date and accurate; and
- Supporting senior management through providing strong reporting and assurance that financial management is operated effectively in-country and through ZSL’s conservation programmes..
The successful candidate will report to the International Finance Business Partner Manager. Key tasks:
- build strong financial performance reporting to donors, conservation and policy staff and management
- report on compliance with financial policies and procedures
- identify risks & support the development of mitigating actions
- provide financial capacity building.
As such candidates should have a can-do attitude, possess great people-management, project-management skills to keep track of multiple projects and communication skills
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) who has executed a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable you to communicate at all levels of finance and non-finance staff are essential.
- Have experience as an Accountant working with EU, DFID or similar major international donors/funding.
- Have solid understanding of all financial controls and audit.
- Experience of Sun Accounts, Vision and Quickbooks is an advantage.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Excel is essential.
- The ability to present complex financial matters in an easy to understand way.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position reporting to the International Finance Business Partner Manager. The post is based at ZSL’s main office in Regents Park.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday (pro-rata), stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 23rd February 2020.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.