AJ Chambers are currently working alongside a very established firm of chartered accountants, who are actively seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join there office in Colchester.
You will have excellent progression prospects and will be given the chance to improve your knowledge, whilst supporting the more junior members of staff.
- Prepare and generate final corporation tax returns and/or personal tax returns and computations using tax software (Alphatax and CCH Personal Tax- training available).
- Control personal and/or corporation tax compliance cycle for a portfolio, including the management of filings and payment deadlines.
- Where appropriate, preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Where appropriate, integrate with audit process to ensure that corporation tax computations are prepared which are sufficient to prepare tax provisions and disclosures in audit clients' statutory accounts.
- Coach and help support the more junior members of staff.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that clients are billed for corporation tax compliance and advisory work on a timely basis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good knowledge of IT packages, such as Excel, Alphatax, Word
- Newly qualified ATT or CTA or someone with more experience
- Must be able to demonstrable knowledge of a broad range of tax issues
- Good communication skills and organisational skills
- Strong commitment to deadlines, and ability to work well under pressure
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Liam Snell at AJ Chambers.
Tax Manager - Colchester