A highly reputable Berkshire based practice are seeking a Tax Manager to join there growing team.
- Preparation of tax returns and tax repayment claims and related working papers
- Providing ad hoc/ planning advice to clients on tax matters
- Look after your own portfolio of clients to assist in all tax matters including compliance to advisory
- Liaise with clients/HMRC by post, email and phone
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients
- Be responsible for billing clients
- Manage work load and be efficient in time keeping
- Assisting partners with tax advisory work including approaching external providers to provide exceptional advice.
- Working with a wide range of clients across many sectors including property development, technology and food and beverage.
- Ideally it would be someone who has tax experience with owner managers but also has corporation tax experience with larger SME corporates and subsidiaries of larger groups.
- Experience of dealing with EMI, R&D, SEIS /EIS would also be good
- Manage a small tax team
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2-3 years??? experience working in a tax focused role
- ACA and CTA qualifications may be useful but are not essential - practical experience is also important
- Strong personal tax experience is essential, corporation knowledge is also expected.
- A great opportunity for someone who wants an opportunity to fast track their tax career and be given an opportunity to take on more responsibility
- In time this role could provide you with an opportunity to reach partner level and acquire some equity should the candidate wish to reach that level in the future.
- Good understanding of CCH tax software package
The firm offer a highly competitive salary for the right person and an impressive benefits package to all employees.