We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly organised individual in a supporting role to the Financial Controller.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to work as part of a small team, whilst independently and proactively completing tasks. Excellent communication and IT skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are essential requirements. The nature of this role requires a tactful and confidential approach.
Duties and responsibilities
- Daily usage of financial processes
- Management of sales ledger (student fee schedule generation, credit control etc.)
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions
- Balancing accounts on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis
- Liaising with students, parents and suppliers
- Purchase ledger processing
- Petty cash and foreign currency reconciliation
- Processing and checking of staff expenses in line with company policy and budgets
- Preparing reports as requested
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to prepare VAT returns
- Assist Financial Controller with the Month End and Year End processes
- Assist Financial Controller and external auditors with annual Financial Audit process
- General administrative duties to support the finance department, including filing, archiving and inbox management
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the Financial Controller
- Willingly participate in the wider-administrative team, in the day to day running of the College
Applications should be made via this link by midnight, 1 March 2020. Please reference your application “BK0120”. Participation in the equal opportunities section is encouraged, but voluntary.
Applications must include a covering letter of no more than one page and a full curriculum vitae.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates invited to interview. It is likely that an appointment will be made prior to the closing date of this job advert. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and will be judged on merit alone. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. We are not able to provide Tier 2 sponsorship for this role.