Are you looking to progress your career at one of the top independent accountancy firms in the county?
AJ Chambers are currently working with an award-winning independent firm of Chartered Accountants in Oxford. The position would be perfect for an ambitious Accountant looking to progress into management in the near future.
This practice is one of the best environments in the country for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As you can tell, this is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong accountant to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility at a leading firm. The role will be largely accounts focused with audit responsibilities and the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of clients.
Senior Accountant Duties:
- Producing and reviewing accounts for clients
- Leading and assisting on statutory audits from planning to completion
- Clearing review points and putting through adjustments to the accounts
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget
- Supervising junior staff and assisting in training
- Drafting client letters
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or finalist
- At least 3-4 years of experience gained in a practice setting
- Accounts preparation and audit fieldwork experience gained in practice
- First class communication skills and ability to liaise and form relationships with clients
- Accuracy, deadline focused and the ability to work on their own initiative is crucial
- Experience with accounts software e.g. Iris, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, CaseWare etc.
For more information on this Senior Accountant role please either apply directly or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Senior Accountant - Oxford